3. The next person who tells you, “You’re lucky to have summers off. Teachers have it so easy!” is going to get a pencil in the jugular.
4. You don’t care if he’s the president, no leaning back in chairs!
5. You enjoy movie day as much as your students.
7. You laugh right along with your kids when a new teacher with a funny name starts.
8. You’re an expert at scarfing down an entire meal between 4th and 5th period.
9. You’ve considered switching to this method of grading papers.
11. You get irrationally mad when you realize the internet is ruining students’ grammar.
12. You’ve stopped trying to hide your smile when kids tattle on each other.
13. You’ve mastered the art of improvising.
…like when your students turn their desks sideways for April Fools’ Day, and you just roll with it.
14. Your mornings have started to look like this.
16. You don’t take things so seriously anymore. For example, yearbook photos.
19. You know that the one time you leave the house in sweats and with unwashed hair, you WILL run into a student or parent.
20. You love your kids, but still, you get more and more depressed at the end of winter break each year.
22. You’re so far into your subject that it’s warped your sense of humor.
24. Grading papers like this now just makes you laugh instead of cringe.
25. You can deflect students’ tangents and random questions with aplomb.
30. You’ve taken it upon yourself to try out new teaching methods on students.
- A Kentucky clerk continues to defy the Supreme Court by denying marriage licenses to same-sex couples. ›
- McDonald's all-day breakfast is happening: It's coming to the U.S. on Oct. 6. The company started testing it this year 🍳 ›
- Google introduced a redesigned logo. It's the biggest change to the logo since 1999. ›