1. Because he’s so shy and modest.
“I’m not that good looking. I think I’m a pretty weird-looking guy. Every role I got up until ‘The Notebook’ [in 2004] was the weirdo, freak, psychopath, nerd, outsider character guy. I think things have changed.” - Ryan, himself.
2. Because look at that smile!
Tiny Ryan is so cute.
5. Because he’s great with animals.
C’mon! It’s Ryan Gosling and A SLOTH! Don’t you wish you could be that sloth?
6. Because he dresses his dog so well.
7. Because he’s already a meme, so the next step is national holiday.
8. Because he looks perfect on a pancake.
Artist Katherine Kaines makes beautiful pancake sculptures of celebrities. Mmmm.
12. Because he gives you a good reason to make out with a cookie.
13. Because you don’t have to be a girl to love him.
14. Because straight, British men would enjoy this holiday too.
“No [I’m not gay]. I can quite happily say someone is handsome, good-looking, and I can see why someone would want to f**k them, but I’ve never felt that way about a man myself. There is that moment in your late teens when you ask yourself the question, ‘Am I?’ but I wasn’t…This year I have a talent crush on Ryan Gosling. I think he’s fantastic and…(ahem) you know he’d be nice afterwards. He seems smart. If I was gay, I would go for a smart man.” - Daniel Radcliffe
16. He even looks great illustrated. So let’s put him on a card.
- Rallies for climate change action are taking place around the world ahead of the United Nations climate talks in Paris. ›
- Planned Parenthood officials said they believed Friday's shooting at a Colorado Springs clinic was motivated by opposition to abortion. ›
- And watch a man react to the modern world after spending 44 years in prison. ›