Shade is an art form, and it must be pitched perfectly.
There is simply one and only one rule to throwing shade:
Throwing shade takes a bit of creativity, being a bitch takes none
2. Make sure the eyelids are in FULL EFFECT!
5. Awkwardly laugh just enough to let the recipient of the shade know that ABSOLUTELY nothing is funny.
7. A NECK ROOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLL or two goes a long way.
8. Sunglasses and PURSE THEM LIPS!
9. Look ALL THE WAY AROUND THE WORLD to signal it couldn’t possibly be you.
10. In a serious tone, lean ALL THE WAY in, and earnestly dignify a rumor.
11. On Instagram: Post an innocent photo but get your LIFE with a fun caption.
THE SHADY CAPTION
12. PROPS: Things used to make throwing shade amazingly easy. JUST BE DRAMATIC.
13. Liquids (preferably tea) are a shady gift from the gods. SPEAK YOUR MIND, LOOK TO THE LEFT, and take a sip.
14. A PRIVATE CHAMPAGNE MOMENT is the definition of SHADY BOOTS.
15. A head nod, a slight giggle, and a question your mother would think is inappropriate is SHADY.
19. DID YOU CATCH THE SHADE?????
THERE IS JUST SO MUCH SHADE IN THIS MOMENT. President Obama shades Speaker Boehner with laughter. The shade is so pronounced it’s as if the president is saying, “Oh John you can’t be serious.” First Lady Michelle Obama decides she isn’t about that life. She is so bothered by Speaker Boehner she stops her fork midway to her mouth to throw, the speaker of the House, a lot of side-eye shade! It was so forceful, the Speaker’s wife, Debbie, spilled her drank.
This post was created by a user and has not been vetted or endorsed by BuzzFeed's editorial staff. BuzzFeed Community is a place where anyone can post awesome lists and creations. Learn more or post your buzz!
- Chicago officials have released the video of a white police officer fatally shooting Laquan McDonald, a black teenager. The officer was charged with murder Tuesday. ›
- At least 19 people in seven U.S. states have been infected with E. coli in an outbreak officials believe is linked to rotisserie chicken salads sold at Costco. ›
- Adele broke the single-week U.S. album sales record set by NSYNC in 2000. "25" sold at least 2.43 million in about three days. ›