1. Non-Dairy Creamer = Coffee Whitener
2. A Suck-Up, a Brown-Noser, or a Teacher’s Pet = a Keener, an Eager Beaver, or a Keen Bean
3. Powdered Sugar = Icing Sugar
4. Sneakers or Running Shoes = Runners
5. Toy Cars (or Hot Wheels) = Dinky Cars
6. TV Remote = Converter
Although, only a handful of Canadians still call it that today.
7. Kraft Macaroni and Cheese = Kraft Dinner or K.D.
8. Silverware = Cutlery (in Canada, silverware literally signifies utensils made of silver)
9. Kickball = Soccer Baseball
11. Bathrobe = Housecoat
14. Beanie or a Knit Hat = Toque (rhymes with fluke)
15. Colored Pencils = Pencil Crayons
17. American Cheese = Processed Cheese
19. In Saskatchewan, a Hooded Sweatshirt = a Bunnyhug
21. Whole Wheat Toast = Brown Toast
23. 24-pack = Two-Four
24. Poster Board = Bristol Board
- More debris – believed to be part of the missing aircraft MH370 – has been found washed up on the Indian Ocean island of Réunion on Sunday.
- Cilla Black, the legendary English singer and TV star, has died at her home in Spain, according to local police. She was 72-years-old.
- A conservation group at Oxford University told BuzzFeed News that media reports of Jericho's death were not true and that the 11-year-old lion was "alive and well".