1. Non-Dairy Creamer = Coffee Whitener
2. A Suck-Up, a Brown-Noser, or a Teacher’s Pet = a Keener, an Eager Beaver, or a Keen Bean
3. Powdered Sugar = Icing Sugar
4. Sneakers or Running Shoes = Runners
5. Toy Cars (or Hot Wheels) = Dinky Cars
6. TV Remote = Converter
Although, only a handful of Canadians still call it that today.
7. Kraft Macaroni and Cheese = Kraft Dinner or K.D.
8. Silverware = Cutlery (in Canada, silverware literally signifies utensils made of silver)
9. Kickball = Soccer Baseball
11. Bathrobe = Housecoat
14. Beanie or a Knit Hat = Toque (rhymes with fluke)
15. Colored Pencils = Pencil Crayons
17. American Cheese = Processed Cheese
19. In Saskatchewan, a Hooded Sweatshirt = a Bunnyhug
21. Whole Wheat Toast = Brown Toast
23. 24-pack = Two-Four
24. Poster Board = Bristol Board
- Tunisia's president declared a state of emergency a week after a deadly terror attack on a beach hotel.
- Some 150 migrants stranded in the French city of Calais stormed the Channel Tunnel in an attempt to make it to British territory.
- Matt Stonie won the 2015 Nathan's Famous hot dog eating contest, beating 8-time champion Joey Chestnut ☀️??