1. We were curious to see how far $5 would go, food-wise, in different countries around the world.
Based on average food prices there.
2. So we decided to figure it out.
3. One lesson: You can buy a whole lot of coffee for $5 in India.
In The News Today
- 26 people, thought to be refugees and migrants, were discovered in the back of a truck in Austria. ›
- Thai police arrested a man alleged to have explosives in his possession, almost two weeks after a deadly bomb blast in Bangkok killed 20 people. ›
- Kyle Jean-Baptiste, the first black man to play Jean Valjean on Broadway in "Les Misérables," died Friday. He was 21. ›