1. We were curious to see how far $5 would go, food-wise, in different countries around the world.
Based on average food prices there.
2. So we decided to figure it out.
3. One lesson: You can buy a whole lot of coffee for $5 in India.
In The News Today
- The U.S. is investigating how a cargo ship with 33 people on board sank during Hurricane Joaquin. The ship went missing in the Caribbean last week. ›
- Texas carried out its 11th execution of the year on Tuesday — the most of any state — putting to death an inmate who murdered a man over $8. ›
- New York's attorney general is looking into whether employees at fantasy sports sites might have won bets based on information not available to the public, the New York Times reports. ›