1. We were curious to see how far $5 would go, food-wise, in different countries around the world.
Based on average food prices there.
2. So we decided to figure it out.
3. One lesson: You can buy a whole lot of coffee for $5 in India.
In The News Today
- The Dutch Safety Board has released a final report of its investigation into why Malaysian Airlines Flight MH17 broke up over Ukraine in 2014. ›
- Condé Nast has acquired Pitchfork, the independent music website and magazine, for an undisclosed amount.
- Iran's parliament approved a deal on its nuclear program, which was agreed to in July following lengthy talks between six world powers. ›