1. Wednesday night in Las Vegas, Katy Perry took the stage wearing what looked like a stuffy conservative skirt suit.
With the Statue of Liberty’s torch as her mic, obvs.
2. She was singing to support the president.
She told the audience to vote early for Obama (by the way, Obama is voting today).
3. And she ripped off her skirt suit (everyone knew it was coming) to reveal a white latex dress with the candidates names all over them.
4. Why, that’s not Katy Perry — it’s a singing, dancing voter’s ballot!
FINALLY “Fireworks” makes sense: “Do you ever feel, feel so paper thin?
Like a house of cards, one blow from caving in?” Hello!
5. This musically adept voter’s ballot also had some advanced flag nail art.
That’s American innovation at work, right there.
- President Obama unveiled a climate change plan on Monday that calls for federal limits on the amount of carbon power plants can produce.
- Puerto Rico has failed to make a $58 million debt payment, and credit rating agency Moody's says the U.S. territory is in default.
- The man accused of fatally shooting a Memphis, Tennessee, police officer on Saturday has turned himself in.