1. Wednesday night in Las Vegas, Katy Perry took the stage wearing what looked like a stuffy conservative skirt suit.
With the Statue of Liberty’s torch as her mic, obvs.
2. She was singing to support the president.
She told the audience to vote early for Obama (by the way, Obama is voting today).
3. And she ripped off her skirt suit (everyone knew it was coming) to reveal a white latex dress with the candidates names all over them.
4. Why, that’s not Katy Perry — it’s a singing, dancing voter’s ballot!
FINALLY “Fireworks” makes sense: “Do you ever feel, feel so paper thin?
Like a house of cards, one blow from caving in?” Hello!
5. This musically adept voter’s ballot also had some advanced flag nail art.
That’s American innovation at work, right there.
- BP has agreed to pay a $18.7 billion fine to settle legal actions over the 2010 Deepwater Horizon oil spill.
- Liberia has reported three new cases of Ebola this week. The country was declared Ebola-free on May 9.
- A pilot has broken the world records for longest solo flight and longest non-stop flight ever taken in a solar-powered airplane ?