1. Wednesday night in Las Vegas, Katy Perry took the stage wearing what looked like a stuffy conservative skirt suit.
With the Statue of Liberty’s torch as her mic, obvs.
2. She was singing to support the president.
She told the audience to vote early for Obama (by the way, Obama is voting today).
3. And she ripped off her skirt suit (everyone knew it was coming) to reveal a white latex dress with the candidates names all over them.
4. Why, that’s not Katy Perry — it’s a singing, dancing voter’s ballot!
FINALLY “Fireworks” makes sense: “Do you ever feel, feel so paper thin?
Like a house of cards, one blow from caving in?” Hello!
5. This musically adept voter’s ballot also had some advanced flag nail art.
That’s American innovation at work, right there.
- In a landmark prison reform decision, California has agreed to a settlement that will effectively end indefinite solitary confinement in the state. ›
- Los Angeles has officially been selected as the American candidate city to host the 2024 Summer Olympics. ›
- McDonald's all-day breakfast is happening: It's coming to the U.S. on Oct. 6. The company started testing it this year 🍳 ›