1. Wednesday night in Las Vegas, Katy Perry took the stage wearing what looked like a stuffy conservative skirt suit.
With the Statue of Liberty’s torch as her mic, obvs.
2. She was singing to support the president.
She told the audience to vote early for Obama (by the way, Obama is voting today).
3. And she ripped off her skirt suit (everyone knew it was coming) to reveal a white latex dress with the candidates names all over them.
4. Why, that’s not Katy Perry — it’s a singing, dancing voter’s ballot!
FINALLY “Fireworks” makes sense: “Do you ever feel, feel so paper thin?
Like a house of cards, one blow from caving in?” Hello!
5. This musically adept voter’s ballot also had some advanced flag nail art.
That’s American innovation at work, right there.
- Greece's finance minister has resigned following an overwhelming "no" vote on new austerity measures tied to further bailout funds. The country's future in the eurozone is uncertain.
- The South Carolina Senate is debating a bill calling for the removal of the Confederate battle flag from statehouse grounds.
- More than 1 million people are expected to attend Pope Francis' mass in Ecuador on Monday.