1. Thousand year-old deviled eggs
Unless you’re in China, in which case this probably isn’t a Memorial Day barbecue.
3. Spaghetti weenies
Unless you know whether to use sauce or a bun.
4. Pretzels that look like vaginas
Unless it’s that kind of party.
Credit: Alysha McCooe, Photographer
5. Smart-looking jello shots
Unless you’re celebrating one more day free from the zombie apocalypse.
7. Salads too small to eat
Unless you’re hosting a barbecue for ants!
8. Any kind of caviar
Unless you’re showing off What Rich People Eat.
(Reuters / MAXIM SHEMETOV)
10. Spray-painted golden tomatoes
Unless they’re small enough to fit in the tiny salad.
11. Nightmare-provoking ice cubes for the children
Unless none of them are yours.
12. Punch that uses frozen strawberries
Unless you’re ready to label it like this.
13. Pickled sea slugs
Unless they ran out of dill hamburger chips.
14. Jello made with circus peanuts
Unless you’re feeding a party of people with Dysgeusia.
15. Cockroach-infused hashbrowns
Unless you’re hosting a party of birds.
17. Red velvet onion rings
Unless you’re ready to blow everyone’s minds
19. Graham cracker band-aids
Unless you’re sure that’s not real blood.
20. Cake that looks like kitty litter
Unless you’re catering a cat party in which case this is perfectly acceptable.
This post was created by a user and has not been vetted or endorsed by BuzzFeed's editorial staff. BuzzFeed Community is a place where anyone can post awesome lists and creations. Learn more or post your buzz!