1. Kristen Stewart’s showing off her serious side in some challenging films this year — and Camp X-Ray’s the heaviest of them all.
2. Back in January, Stewart impressed Sundance with her performance as a new Guantanamo Bay guard who develops a complicated relationship with one of the detainees (Payman Maadi). Here is the first trailer below.
3. Will Stewart make the transition from Bella Swan to awards contender?
There’s no faulting her ambition — the Twilight lead turned reluctant movie star also turned her image on its head playing a celebrity’s personal assistant in the French film Sils Maria, which premiered at Cannes and comes out in December. And she’s even got another major role coming up alongside Julianne Moore in Alzheimer’s drama Still Alice, which will premiere at the Toronto International Film Festival next month.
4. Camp X-Ray opens in theaters Oct. 17.
- Greece's bailout vote on Sunday could be very close, according to an opinion poll. Both sides are holding rallies today.
- Uber has suspended its low-cost UberPOP service in France following protests last week.
- After two previous missions failed, Russia's Progress rocket took off to resupply the International Space Station ?
- Liberia has reported three new cases of Ebola this week. The country was declared Ebola-free on May 9.