1. Kristen Stewart’s showing off her serious side in some challenging films this year — and Camp X-Ray’s the heaviest of them all.
2. Back in January, Stewart impressed Sundance with her performance as a new Guantanamo Bay guard who develops a complicated relationship with one of the detainees (Payman Maadi). Here is the first trailer below.
3. Will Stewart make the transition from Bella Swan to awards contender?
There’s no faulting her ambition — the Twilight lead turned reluctant movie star also turned her image on its head playing a celebrity’s personal assistant in the French film Sils Maria, which premiered at Cannes and comes out in December. And she’s even got another major role coming up alongside Julianne Moore in Alzheimer’s drama Still Alice, which will premiere at the Toronto International Film Festival next month.
4. Camp X-Ray opens in theaters Oct. 17.
- Rallies for climate change action are taking place around the world ahead of the United Nations climate talks in Paris. ›
- Planned Parenthood officials said they believed Friday's shooting at a Colorado Springs clinic was motivated by opposition to abortion. ›
- And watch a man react to the modern world after spending 44 years in prison. ›