1. Hillary Clinton stopped by the Colbert report last night for an unannounced appearance in which she name-dropped her way through a bit with the Comedy Central host.
3. The segment started with Colbert mocking the former Secretary of State’s new book Hard Choices, saying that the 656 page read is full of “shameless namedropping.”
4. Which did not impress Colbert. After all, he is “e-mail pen pals with the Prince of Nigeria.”
“So she’s tight with the Prime Minister of Tanzania. Well, I happen to be e-mail pen pals with the Prince of Nigeria.”
5. So then Hillary popped in to show Steven Colbert who is boss… And who is really friends with Oprah.
7. And when Colbert criticized the “hard” choices Clinton mentions in her book — saying there isn’t anything truly difficult, like “what would you rather fight, one hundred duck-sized horses, or one horse-sized duck” — Clinton knew exactly what to do.
8. In the end, Clinton left Colbert with the hard choice: “Promote my book, or I will not appear on your show,” she said, before snapping her fingers and magically pixelating her head.
Of course, there was no mention of whether or not Clinton will run for President in 2016, but it sounds like she’ll have support from a lot of famous friends if she does.
- Doctors Without Borders is demanding an independent fact-finding mission into the deadly U.S. bombing on its Afghan hospital. ›
- The European Union is now using naval vessels in the Mediterranean to intercept boats that are smuggling refugees and migrants to Europe. ›
- Tomas Lindahl, Paul Modrich, and Aziz Sancar have won the Nobel Prize in chemistry for figuring out how cells repair DNA. ›