1. Yes, but mostly football in all forms. Massillon is the birthplace of High School football, Pro Football HOF in Canton, etc.
2. I do not love this, but it keeps us guessing and makes us a target state by the candidates for appearances when they’re campaigning.
5. I don’t care for it, but most everyone I work with would inject it if they could.
7. Sperry’s? No. Not even close.
8. Again, I’m not really a fan. If you go to Cinci, it’s LaRosa’s. If you go to Cleveland, it’s something else.
9. Considering how much business and jobs foreign cars makers bring to Ohio, it shouldn’t be.
10. This should just be “Accepting that Cleveland will never win a professional sports championship in any sport.”
19. Especially drive-thru carryouts for beer!
20. I do this and didn’t even realize it. “Oh Al, I’m so sorry I stepped on your foot!” “No no, I have big feet, you’re fine.”
21. Yes, but mostly just in SW OH, with maybe some in central OH.
24. Should be just deer season, or just guns. The range? Not enough gun ranges in Ohio, IMO. But everybody and their brother hunts!
26. Again, mostly just in Cinci and C-bus. Could be ice cream in general. Jeni’s, Graeter’s, Toft’s, Young’s, the place in Findlay, the place Utica… there’s LOTS!
27. No. Lake Erie is not “the beach.” It is just “The Lake.” When someone says “I’m taking the boat up/down to The Lake/The River,” we know EXACTLY where they’re talking about.
30. Sure, we claim the Wright Brothers. But we also (rightly) claim John Glenn and Neil Armstrong. What they forgot:
“Themed” Festivals/County Fairs/Church Festivals (Seriously, could Ohio have any MORE festivals?)
John Morrell hot dogs
Lake Erie fishing for yellow perch and walleye
Outlet malls and trendy outdoor, open air malls
Birthplace of popular/famous sports coaches (Harbaugh’s, Meyer, Gruden, Knight, Hayes, Schembechler, Brown, etc)
Corn, and lots of it
“Rock on the Range”
Ohio is THE home of colleges, especially small ones. You can throw a rock in any direction and hit one.