“There is no happiness like that of being loved by your fellow creatures, and feeling that your presence is an addition to their comfort.”
— Charlotte Brontë, Jane Eyre
“So come give me a hug / if you’re into getting rubbed.”
— 50 Cent, “In Da Club”
Until virtual hugs are (finally) invented, these will have to suffice. Words by Ralph Waldo Emerson, from his essay on friendship.
2. “… the whole human family is bathed with an element of love like a fine ether.”
17. “His goodness seems better than our goodness, his nature finer, his temptations less.”
19. “I do not wish to treat friendships daintily, but with roughest courage.”
20. “When they are real, they are not glass threads or frostwork, but the solidest thing we know.”
29. … but should be alert and inventive, and add rhyme and reason to what was drudgery.”
31. “What is so great as friendship, let us carry with what grandeur of spirit we can.”
- U.S. presidential candidates are making their final pitches before the New Hampshire Primary, the second voting contest of the nominating season 🇺🇸
- The Pentagon has confirmed that North Korea successfully launched a satellite into orbit on Sunday night.
- President Obama asked Congress for $1.8 billion to fight the spread of the Zika virus across the Americas.