1. This happened yesterday. Eight minutes later, the tweet was deleted.
TMZ quotes “a source close to the situation” who says Rihanna was “reading about the Middle East conflict online when she clicked a link. The next thing she knew … her fans were asking her why she was pro-Palestine.” According to the source, “She didn’t even realise it was a tweet until she started hearing from her fans.”
3. Anyway, she’s now tweeted this.
4. Palestinian officials say 207 people have died in Israeli air raids, reports BBC.
An injured Palestinian woman from Gaza receives treatment at the Al Hussein Medical Center in Amman on 13 July, 2014.
Here’s BuzzFeed’s latest report on the situation.
This post has been corrected to remove phrasing that was copied from BBC.
- At least 86 people were killed in twin bomb blasts during a peace rally near the main train station in Turkey's capital. ›
- Activists celebrated the 20th anniversary of the Million Man March at the National Mall in Washington, D.C. ›
- Elections on Sunday are widely expected to hand Belarusian President Alexander Lukashenko a fifth term since 1994. ›