1. This happened yesterday. Eight minutes later, the tweet was deleted.
TMZ quotes “a source close to the situation” who says Rihanna was “reading about the Middle East conflict online when she clicked a link. The next thing she knew … her fans were asking her why she was pro-Palestine.” According to the source, “She didn’t even realise it was a tweet until she started hearing from her fans.”
3. Anyway, she’s now tweeted this.
4. Palestinian officials say 207 people have died in Israeli air raids, reports BBC.
An injured Palestinian woman from Gaza receives treatment at the Al Hussein Medical Center in Amman on 13 July, 2014.
Here’s BuzzFeed’s latest report on the situation.
This post has been corrected to remove phrasing that was copied from BBC.
- Dylann Roof wants to plead guilty to the charges against him in the Charleston church shooting, his attorney said, but a judge entered a not guilty plea for him on Friday.
- The U.S. Coast Guard has suspended its search for two teenagers who went missing a week ago off the coast of Florida.
- Beijing will host the 2022 Winter Olympics, becoming the first city to host both the summer and winter games.