1. This happened yesterday. Eight minutes later, the tweet was deleted.
TMZ quotes “a source close to the situation” who says Rihanna was “reading about the Middle East conflict online when she clicked a link. The next thing she knew … her fans were asking her why she was pro-Palestine.” According to the source, “She didn’t even realise it was a tweet until she started hearing from her fans.”
3. Anyway, she’s now tweeted this.
4. Palestinian officials say 207 people have died in Israeli air raids, reports BBC.
An injured Palestinian woman from Gaza receives treatment at the Al Hussein Medical Center in Amman on 13 July, 2014.
Here’s BuzzFeed’s latest report on the situation.
This post has been corrected to remove phrasing that was copied from BBC.
- Protesters gathered in Chicago Tuesday night after city officials released the video of a white police officer fatally shooting Laquan McDonald, a black teenager. ›
- At least 19 people in seven U.S. states have been infected with E. coli in an outbreak officials believe is linked to rotisserie chicken salads sold at Costco. ›
- Adele broke the single-week U.S. album sales record set by NSYNC in 2000. "25" sold at least 2.43 million in about three days. ›