Twerking is so mainstream it’s just been added to Oxford Dictionaries.
Everyone started using the term after a little incident you may have heard about.
Now it seems like everyone and their cat’s doing it. It’s just shaking your ass, right?
1. On 21 November, the UK held its first ever Twerking Championships, and just look how big the queue to get in was.
2. This was a seriously well organised event.
3. Obviously, you could buy clobber.
4. So much clobber.
5. This is Jeremy from Spearmint Rhino Gentlemen’s Club. He’s basically Simon Cowell. The other judges were a lady who worked with Lily Allen and a lady who worked with RiRi.
6. Contestants get 30 seconds to twerk their heart out. The DJ blasts music so loud the bass might liquidise your internal organs, and the twerking showdown begins.
7. The first twerking pair were wearing masks for privacy and looked like the world’s least conspicuous cat burglars.
9. But then their oppo started pulling out all kinds of crazy upside down twerks.
10. Yeah, this was what the crowd came for.
12. Meanwhile, here’s an audience member’s views on Miley Cyrus.
13. No one had a good word to say for her: except that she’d made real twerking popular.
14. Back in the main hall and here’s a JUMBO TWEET SCREEN. Just use #uktwerkchamps and you’re broadcasting to hundreds!
15. Clearly worth a try.
TWERKERS! Buy the guy from @buzzfeeduk a drink if you see him at the bar #uktwerkchamps
16. Or not.
#UKTwerkChamps don’t buy him a drink. He’s cheap !
#UKTwerkChamps jelly jelly jelly!!