1. Store small items in a spice rack.
Just be sure to wash them thoroughly or your rubber bands will forever smell of cumin.
2. Never spill again with this portable drink holder.
It clips onto the edge of your desk and will prevent the dreaded soy-latte-meets-MacBook-Pro disaster from occurring.
3. Keep papers and pens neat with an organizer made from an old frame.
4. Turn a frame into a dry-erase to-do list.
5. Make these colorful organizers out of tin cans.
8. Happen to have a spare Slinky? Use it to hold your writing utensils.
I mean who doesn’t have an extra Slinky or ten lying around?
9. Keep your cables neat with this desk-mounted organizer.
It’s only $9.99 and you’ll never suffer the indignity of scrabbling around on the floor looking for the outlet again.
10. Attach a small hook underneath your desk to keep cords out of the way.
11. Label cords with bread tags.
First you’ll have to eat a lot of bread, but we all make sacrifices.
13. Trick out a file cabinet with squares of wallpaper.
Fabric and contact paper work too.
14. Create a corner shelf with room for paper storage out of a magazine rack.
Find out how here.
15. Use the sleeve from your morning coffee to ensure your earbuds don’t get tangled.
You’ll have the best mornings ever now.
16. Keep loose papers out of the way by attaching clipboards to the wall.
17. Use one to display your to-do list.
This person clearly has no obligations at all.
18. Make over your desk chair.
If someone tries to steal your chair, you’ll know. Here’s how.
19. Make a compact charging station out of a lotion bottle.
Nobody will ever know what it used to be.
20. Store supplies in an under-the-shelf wine rack.
Store wine there too. Directions here.
21. Line the back of a bookshelf with contact paper to give it some life.
Find out how here.
22. Build your own bookshelf using crates.
You can make it larger or smaller depending on your space restrictions. Find out how here.
23. This beautiful bookshelf is made from Ikea crates secured with binder clips.
You might want to nail or screw it into the wall if you’re worried about stability. (We <3 Ikea to the moon and back but it’s not exactly known for its incredible show of strength.) Directions here (in Swedish).
24. Pegboards are great space-savers.
Keep important reminders and photos you love at eye-level.
25. Attach baskets to pegboard for accessible paper storage.
They’re easy to rearrange. Here’s how.
26. This keyboard memo pad makes taking notes and writing down important reminders (with a pen! In your hand!) easy and unobtrusive.
Buy it here.
27. Keep small items in ice cube trays.
You can swap out paper clips and brads for thread and beads, depending on your industry. Ice trays work well as dividers in drawers too.
29. Decorate boring binders with iron-on transfers.
They’ll make even your tax returns look pleasant and peaceful. Directions here.