1. Oribe Dry Texturizing Spray
Not only is it a fantastic texturizer that adds body without feeling crunchy, it also doubles as a dry shampoo to make your style last days. And even though it’s pricey (the full-size version is $39), it lasts forever and smells delightfully clean. Available here.
2. Davines Color Depositing Conditioner
This comes in a wide range of shades and adds a beautiful sheen to both dyed and non-dyed hair alike. It helps extend the life of dyed red hair (a notoriously tricky shade to make last) by weeks at a time and makes root regrowth look way more natural. Get it here.
3. Bumble and Bumble Brilliantine
It’s kind of a texturizer, kind of a styling cream, and mostly just this incredible-smelling dream liquid you only need a drop of to make your hair look insanely sexy. Available here.
4. John Frieda Frizz-Ease Serum
It’s totally got a cult following, and rightly so — it’s cheap, you don’t need to use much of it, and it transforms frizzy hair into something not resembling straw. This stuff is the truth.
5. Aussie 3 Minute Miracle Deeeeep Conditioner
The name isn’t lying—this product goes deeeeep to penetrate hair. Not only is it a quick fix, but it leaves hair nice and silky, even hours after it’s washed out. Try out this gem.
6. Paul Mitchell Foaming Pomade
This can turn a dull TWA into a glossy, nicely textured look. When hair needs a little oomph and styling, the light yet effective product will come to the rescue. Definitely a go-to for short-cropped curly hair. Find out where to get it here.
7. Kemi-Oyl Hair Oil
Although the oil stays mysterious (there isn’t really a list of ingredients on the bottle), this product is great used as a hot oil treatment — important for moisturizing dry, relaxed, or frizzy hair. Find it here.
8. Design Essentials Sleek Edge Control Gel
9. Kerastase Masque Chroma Riche
It’s been said that this is the goddess of color-treated hair, so there’s that. Get it here.
10. Davines Glossy Modeling Putty
If you have stick-straight Asian hair, this product creates texture and separation without weighing it down. And the tube is really pretty! Get it here for $20.
11. Alder Dry Shampoo
This is hands-down the best dry shampoo on the market. It won’t turn your hair grey, and the bergamot smells natural and amazing. Get it here for $30.
It’s a holy grail, cult product that softens, de-frizzes, and conditions. A little goes a long way. Get it here for $43.
13. Kevin Murphy Hair Resort Spray
Use it after loosely curling your hair. You’ll get those Blake Lively-esque tousled waves with this spray. Buy it here for $25.
14. Queen Helene Cholesterol Cream
So rich, so thick — it’s perfect for a once-a-week deep conditioning. The best part is, it’s only $3.59.
15. Roux ‘Tween Time Instant Touch-Up Color Stick
Really works to cover up roots in between dye jobs. Get it here for 7 bucks.
16. Lush’s Big Shampoo
This is the only shampoo that legitimately does what it says and creates tons of volume. Get it here.
17. The Tangle Teezer
If you get chronic hair knots, this brush is the only thing that a) really works and b) is virtually pain-free. It’s also made out of rubber so you can use it as a scalp massager in the shower. Get it here.
18. Tresemmé Heat Tamer Spray
It actually works to keep curls in your hair. Get it here.
19. Dr. Miracle’s Oil Sheen Spray
The best oil sheen, this stuff is light and not greasy at all. Get it for $4 here.
20. Taliah Waajid’s Medicated Protective Mist Bodifier
Really cuts down on itching for natural hair kept in braids. Get it here.
21. Matrix Biolage Smoothing Serum
This stuff is essential if you’re trying to straighten thick hair. Get it here.
22. Sienna Naturals Baobab Oil Leave In Conditioner
If you’re low maintenance but still conscious of your hair’s health—this is the perfect leave-in for you. The conditioner uses three natural oils—baobab, shea, and coconut—to give your strands the moisture they need. Buy it here.
23. Garnier’s Length Strength Shampoo and Conditioner.
A pinner says, ” I absolutely LOVE this product. My hair is super fine and grows so slowly. I’ve tried lots of products and none of them have helped like this. My hair looks better, feels better, and I love it!” Get it here.
24. Spin Pins
These updated bobby pins “screw” into your hair to keep thick hair buns in place without having to use a million bobby pins that just come undone easily anyway. $6 from Target.
For more hair tips, click here for 29 hairstyling hacks every girl should know.
We've got your WKND covered.
- Prosecutors will seek the death penalty for Dylann Roof, accused of killing 9 people in a Charleston church in June. ›
- Kentucky clerk Kim Davis has been taken into federal custody until she orders her staff to issue marriage licenses. ›
- Tom Brady's four-game suspension by the NFL following the "Deflategate" scandal has been overturned by a federal judge. ›