1. In Vancouver, people took to the English Bay for the annual Polar Bear Swim.
5. Milwaukee’s version takes place at Lake Michigan.
Some participants chose to stay warm on shore…
While some reveled in the cold.
10. New York City’s Polar Bear Swim is held at Coney Island.
It’s the “oldest winter bathing organization in the US,” according to Reuters.
His outfit is made out of MetroCards.
This Coney Island resident dressed as a boiler as a reminder of how hard his borough was hit by Hurricane Sandy.
15. Scotland’s Loony Dook Swim, in the River Forth, takes the cake for sheer commitment.
Oh good, Kate and Will and the Royal Baby decided to stop by!
Here’s to a loving (and warm) 2013!
- France and Russia have agreed to coordinate their airstrikes with the U.S. against ISIS. ›
- Russia's athletic federation has accepted its suspension after a report found evidence of "widespread doping." ›
- Adele's record-breaking album "25" has now sold more than 3 million copies in the U.S. ›