1. In Vancouver, people took to the English Bay for the annual Polar Bear Swim.
5. Milwaukee’s version takes place at Lake Michigan.
Some participants chose to stay warm on shore…
While some reveled in the cold.
10. New York City’s Polar Bear Swim is held at Coney Island.
It’s the “oldest winter bathing organization in the US,” according to Reuters.
His outfit is made out of MetroCards.
This Coney Island resident dressed as a boiler as a reminder of how hard his borough was hit by Hurricane Sandy.
15. Scotland’s Loony Dook Swim, in the River Forth, takes the cake for sheer commitment.
Oh good, Kate and Will and the Royal Baby decided to stop by!
Here’s to a loving (and warm) 2013!
- Former Virginia Gov. Jim Gilmore is dropping out of the race for the Republican presidential nomination. He got 133 votes in New Hampshire.
- MLB issued its first-ever lifetime ban for performance enhancing drugs to New York Mets' Jenrry Mejia.
- And how well do you know what happened in the news this week? Take our quiz.