1. In Vancouver, people took to the English Bay for the annual Polar Bear Swim.
5. Milwaukee’s version takes place at Lake Michigan.
Some participants chose to stay warm on shore…
While some reveled in the cold.
10. New York City’s Polar Bear Swim is held at Coney Island.
It’s the “oldest winter bathing organization in the US,” according to Reuters.
His outfit is made out of MetroCards.
This Coney Island resident dressed as a boiler as a reminder of how hard his borough was hit by Hurricane Sandy.
15. Scotland’s Loony Dook Swim, in the River Forth, takes the cake for sheer commitment.
Oh good, Kate and Will and the Royal Baby decided to stop by!
Here’s to a loving (and warm) 2013!
- At least 86 people were killed in twin bomb blasts during a peace rally near the main train station in Turkey's capital. ›
- Activists are celebrating the 20th anniversary of the Million Man March at the National Mall in Washington, D.C. ›
- Elections on Sunday are widely expected to hand Belarusian President Alexander Lukashenko a fifth term since 1994. ›