1. Give yourself a doll face.
Cover your whole face, including your lips and eyelids, with foundation. Apply blush to the apples of your cheeks only. Run two thick black lines down either side of your nose and down from the corners of your mouth, then draw two black dots on either side of your mouth. Paint red lipstick in the center of your lips only; it helps to think of it like a heart-shape. With lash glue, carefully apply false lashes to both the top and bottom lash lines; finish with eyeshadow up to your brows and a ton of mascara.
2. Or, do simple lion makeup.
Top it off by putting your hair in cat ears with BuzzFeed Shift’s easy video tutorial.
3. Or zebra makeup!
This look was created by MAC. If you don’t happen to have white base, just powder your face and apply the stripes directly, or borrow foundation from your much paler friend.
4. Or do a skeleton if you’re feeling spookier.
Instructions available from Martha Stewart. See above re: pale friend if you don’t have white enough face powder.
5. This bird look is maybe one of the easiest.
Smudge bright eyeshadow up to your brow bone and along your lower lash line. With liquid liner, made a series of jagged dashes extending from the inner corners of your eyes upward (you can draw them further down your nose if you want to enhance the beak-like effect). Apply dark, dramatic lipstick.
6. For makeup artistes, try this spider queen eye makeup.
You could just stick to the eyes, or apply the whole look for a more dramatic version.
7. If you’re really in a pinch, there’s always Honey Boo Boo.
Refinery29 provides the directions, but basically, just wear ten times as much of everything you normally wear, only use Pepto Bismol-colored blush, eye shadow, and lipstick.
8. Get tech-y with this eye makeup look:
Use a creamy blue liner (or any color you like) to completely shade your lids and brows. Make a series of thick geometric lines and use a metallic liquid liner all along your top lid. With tweezers and lash glue, carefully apply rhinestones.
Beautylish recommends using an actual piece of lace to get this textured look; so use something you don’t mind getting messy — like those lace tights you don’t wear anymore.
Begin by lining your entire eye in black (pencil or gel works best here). Trace the outline of the wing by extending the line at the outer corner into an “m” shape, then arcing up to a point, bringing it back down, and tracing the curve of your lid into the inner corner. Fill in the outer edge of the wing completely with liner, then apply silver shadow in the middle and yellow shadow over your lid.
13. Of course, if you’re really not into the idea of doing much at all, you can always just paint your nails. Like this candy corn manicure:
Full instructions at The Beauty Department.
14. “Bloody” nails will look kind of cool post-Halloween.
It’s basically Dexter for your hands. Find out how to get this effect here.
- A conservation group in Zimbabwe reported that Jericho, the brother of beloved lion Cecil, was shot and killed by a hunter. But some scientists monitoring the pride believe he is OK.
- Joe Biden has begun to "actively explore a possible presidential campaign," the New York Times reports.
- The trooper who pulled over Sandra Bland was disciplined for "unprofessional conduct" in the fall of 2014, records show.