1. The one-day competition was held in Birmingham, England, on Saturday.
Over a thousand cats competed, and every last one of them appeared to be plotting his or her owner’s death.
This guy is gnawing his way to freedom/possibly your eyeballs.
4. Cats competed in seven cat(ha!)egories.
Persian, Semi-Longhair, British, Foreign, Burmese, Oriental, and Siamese. The overall winner of the competition is called the “Supreme Exhibit.”
5. The show is run by the Governing Council of the Cat Fancy.
It is a travesty and a tragedy that we don’t have this in the U.S.
“I WILL LITERALLY END YOU.”
8. You’d probably be pissed off too if someone named you Bleugems Believe-in-Me.
9. Or Saint Elmosfire.
10. That’s Curly Wirly and her 12-year-old owner, Rose:
12. Blue Snowman:
14. Curly Dream:
I love her.
15. And Prince Solomon:
- Two bomb attacks in Nigeria's central city of Jos killed at least 44 people.
- Greek Finance Minister Yanis Varoufakis has resigned following an overwhelming "no" vote on new austerity measures tied to further bailout funds. The country's future in the eurozone is uncertain.
- The U.S. defeated Japan 5-2 in Vancouver in the final match of the FIFA Women's World Cup. It was the highest scoring final in the history of the tournament ⚽️