1. A church that’s more crowded than a clown car.
Grimaldi (1778–1837) was a pantomimist who popularized the white-makeup look associated with clowns today. Following the annual Clowns Church Service, which began in 1946, attendees in full makeup traditionally perform for the public.
2. Lots of gossip.
“Did you SEE how big Fanny’s red nose is? She totally had work done.”
3. Law enforcement.
Seriously, don’t mess.
4. Clergy, clowns, and puppets uniting as one.
The new Holy Trinity.
5. Tiny hats.
6. Flawless fashion.
7. Even more flawless footwear.
8. Topical cakes.
That’s a picture of Grimaldi.
9. And the cutting thereof.
Kermit looks ready to dive in at any moment.
10. Fluffy toilet brushes?
11. Rapt attention.
12. Not-so-rapt attention.
At least three generations of clowns are repping here.
13. Beige food.
14. Not-so-beige makeup.
- 200 million women and girls have undergone genital mutilation, UNICEF data says. But the practice's prevalence is down.
- Hillary Clinton and Bernie Sanders debated head-to-head over who was a true "progressive." 🇺🇸
- Do you know what happened in the news this week? Time to take our quiz.