1. You can skip your morning trip to the gym.
Half an hour of sex burns almost 150 calories, so keep your Pilates pants buried at the back of your closet WHERE THEY BELONG.
2. It’s too early to remember to be inhibited or self-conscious.
Maybe you’ll have morning mouth muck that isn’t too pleasant, but guess what: your partner will too and that magically cancels it out.
3. It actually makes you look better.
According to Dr. Debby Herbenick, author of Because It Feels Good, having sex in the morning “releases chemicals that boost levels of estrogen, which improves the tone and texture of your skin and hair.” So you’ll carry that glow for the rest of the day.
4. It boosts your immune system.
Morning sex increases your levels of IgA, an antibody that protects against infection, keeping you strong and healthy even as your coworkers descend into fits of hacking coughs around you.
6. Hilary Duff digs it.
At least, according to speculation. And Hilary Duff is NEVER WRONG. (Except for when she inexplicably liked Ethan Kraft better than Gordo, but I guess that was Lizzie Maguire’s choice, not Ms. Duff’s own.)
7. It’s the best time to have an orgasm.
According to Dr. Oz, anyway.
8. It’s basically the same thing as cuddling.
9. It can be quick and to-the-point.
Not that long, drawn-out love-makin’ sessions aren’t awesome, but you have Things To Do. Plus, the accompanying surge of adrenaline will heighten sensations even further.
10. It gives you a smug sense of accomplishment for the rest of the day.
No matter how pressing the deadline or annoying the meeting, you can roll into work with the satisfaction of having already crossed something off your to-do* list.