1. So, Peter Capaldi is the new Doctor.
2. His most famous role to date is probably as spin doctor Malcolm Tucker on The Thick of It.
4. As well as the compelling Randall Brown in The Hour.
7. He’s won an Oscar - in 1995 for Live Action Short Franz Kafka’s It’s A Wonderful Life.
Additional fact: The short starred Richard E Grant aka The Great Intelligence.
8. As a young man, he was the lead singer in a punk group called The Dreamboys. Craig Ferguson was the drummer.
The group were originally called The Bastards From Hell.
9. The pair are still good friends.
10. Unlike Ferguson, he has no desire to move Stateside.
12. He already has Doctor Who connections, having starred in spin-off series Torchwood.
13. He also made a guest appearance in Doctor Who episode “The Fires of Pompeii.”
But nobody seemed to mind that Amy Pond was a Roman Soothsayer.
14. But above all he’s a Doctor Who fan.
Here’s a letter he wrote to Radio Times, aged 15.
16. He’s already got the lingo down.
17. In fact, it seems like he was always destined to play the Doctor.
18. He had been considered for the role of the Doctor previously, but the timing wasn’t right, writer Steven Moffat revealed.
19. He’s got 11’s seal of approval.
- [A Harris County, Texas, sheriff's deputy was ambushed Friday night when a man walked up and repeatedly shot him from behind. ›] (http://www.buzzfeed.com/jimdalrympleii/sheriffs-deputy-shot-dead-in-ambush-at-texas-gas-station)
- [Dominica Prime Minister Roosevelt Skerrit said that Tropical Storm Erika killed 20 people there, and set the island back 20 years from the damage. ›] (http://www.buzzfeed.com/stephaniemcneal/at-least-5-people-are-missing-after-tropical-storm-erika-thr)
- [Police are investigating the death of Jamycheal Mitchell, who was arrested months ago in Virginia for allegedly stealing about $5 worth of groceries. He was found dead in his jail cell last week. ›] (http://www.buzzfeed.com/jimdalrympleii/black-man-held-for-months-for-stealing-5-worth-of-snacks-fou)