1. Many of us were like this when we found out that Matt Smith was leaving Doctor Who.
2. But, don’t fear, we now have Peter Capaldi as his replacement.
3. Here’s him in character:
4. So how did everyone react to the news? Positively.
Oh my fucking god!!!! Amanananannananazzzzzing!!!!!!! X
Well, at least theyâ€™ve chosen a wonderful actorâ€¦ #DrWho
Peter Capaldi could very well be the best thing to happen to Doctor Who in years.
Delighted to hear Peter Capaldi is the new Doctor, very good choice. Another Scot eh? Nice to have a more mature Doctor too.
Bring it on!!
8. So where might you recognise Peter? Well… Malcolm Tucker from The Thick Of It OBVS.
9. … which probably explains why everyone kept tweeting this.
COME THE FUCK INTO THE TARDIS OR FUCK THE FUCK OFF
Clara knocks on the TARDIS door The Doctor: COME THE FUCK IN OR FUCK THE FUCK OFF
“Fuck you you Dalek shit cunt. Fuck off!” - Dr. Peter Capaldi Who.
DR ALL OF THE SWEARWORDS WHO
Oh man. I can’t wait for all the kids to google Peter Capaldi and get a best of Malcolm Tucker montage.
14. If you haven’t watched The Thick Of It yet, this is all you need…
15. Oh and this too, Malcolm Tucker from In The Loop.
16. But that’s not all he’s been in. He’s been in LOADS. He was Sid’s Dad in Skins.
21. Songs of Praise producer Tristan Campbell, in the Vicar of Dibley.
23. This isn’t even Capaldi’s first role in Doctor Who. He had a role in a Tennant episode “The Fires of Pompeii.”
24. Which is why Amy Pond last night tweeted…
CAPALDI! Superb choice. Swear I’ve seen him in Pompeii…
25. He also played a civil servant in DW’s sister show Torchwood: Children of Earth.
26. In fact, his links to Doctor Who go back a long way. He wrote to the Radio Times when he was 15 to talk about Daleks.
Dollymopp Of London
Fan letter, signed ‘Peter Capaldi age 15, Glasgow’
27. More recently he starred in World War Z. Guess the name of his character…
28. That’s not the end of his talents. Peter Capaldi is a director, and in 1995 he won an Academy Award for Best Live Action Short Film.
29. More recently, he directed the critically acclaimed BBC comedy Getting On.
30. As well as all that, rather amazingly, back in the day he was the lead singer in a Glasgow punk rock band called Dreamboys…
32. Comedian Craig Ferguson, who now presents The Late Late Show in the US.
… who is a big fan of Doctor Who.