You will need:
A base colour, plus three other colours, and a glitter for accent (we chose a pink base, with blue, yellow and purple detailing).
A striper brush, or a thin, clean paintbrush. A cotton bud or a paintbrush dipped in acetone for corrections.
Begin by cleaning and buffing the nails, and applying a clear base coat.
1. Begin with two layers of your base colour. Allow to dry.
2. Using a striper brush, carefully paint two upside-down triangles on the tip in your chosen colour.
For a refresher on how to use striper brushes, click here. Do two coats of this, if you’re using a light colour.
3. Watch this Vine for a more close-up view.
You could stop here if you like, and keep this as an accent nail with a top coat.
4. Allow to dry, and then use your next colour to fill in triangles from the cuticle with a striper brush - to about halfway up the nail.
So you’ll have a little band of zig-zags in the middle.
5. Ideally you’ll do two coats of this, so that the colour really pops. You can watch this Vine for a more close-up view.
You could also stop here, and finish with a top coat.
6. Once dried, it’s time to fill in your final triangles, from the cuticle up.
7. Draw two small pointed triangles in your last colour. As shown in this close-up Vine.
8. If you’re dextrous enough, it’s really cute to finish with a glitter outline.
Follow the lines of each zig-zag with a glitter polish, using a striper brush.
9. Finish with a clear top coat, and enjoy your nails!
- Illegal immigrants living in Britain will face abrupt eviction from rental properties under new laws designed to reduce the UK's appeal as a migrant destination.
- President Barack Obama will unveil on Monday a plan that is considered to be "the strongest action ever taken" in the U.S. to combat climate change.
- Cilla Black, the legendary English singer and TV star, has died at her home in Spain, according to local police. She was 72 years old.