You will need:
A base colour, plus three other colours (we chose a green base, with orange, pink and blue detailing.
Equipment: A striper brush, or a thin, clean paintbrush. A cotton bud or a paintbrush dipped in acetone for corrections.
Begin by cleaning and buffing the nails, and applying a clear base coat.
1. Begin with two coats of your base colour.
2. Dip the striper brush into your first colour, making sure the polish is evenly distributed.
3. Using the striper brush, carefully draw out a triangle section and fill it in.
4. Using the same technique, fill the other side of the triangle with the next colour.
5. If you want, you can stop at this step, and cover with a top coat. This would also look nice as just an accent nail.
If you want the full effect, read on.
7. Dip a paintbrush into acetone to clear up any mistakes or smudges.
8. Allow to dry, and finish with a clear top coat.
(Or use a quick-drying top coat, like Seche Vite.)
9. Enjoy your gorgeous nails!
- More debris – believed to be part of the missing aircraft MH370 – has been found washed up on the Indian Ocean island of Réunion on Sunday.
- Cilla Black, the legendary English singer and TV star, has died at her home in Spain, according to local police. She was 72 years old.
- A conservation group at Oxford University told BuzzFeed News that media reports of Jericho's death were not true and that the 11-year-old lion was "alive and well".