1. The latest promotion for The Hunger Games: Mockingjay – Part 1 features a new issue of the “in world” publication Capitol Couture, and two “living” portraits of Quarter Quell contestants Peeta (Josh Hutcherson) and Johanna (Jena Malone).
3. They are, in a word, creepy.
5. The “portraits” are meant to project the Capitol’s strength, but all does not seem to be well. Peeta, for one, looks unsure and nervous.
6. And while Johanna’s face is a picture of fierce resolve…
8. The first official trailer for Mockingjay – Part 1 will premiere at San Diego Comic-Con on Friday, July 25, as a special cross-promotion with Samsung, which feels quite Captiol-esque in and of itself, no?
The trailer will then debut to the public soon after.
9. The Hunger Games: Mockingjay – Part 1 opens Nov. 21.
- Wes Craven, who directed "Scream" and "A Nightmare on Elm Street," has died of brain cancer. He was 76. ›
- For the first time in history, there are three major hurricanes in the Pacific east of the International Dateline at the same time. ›
- Taylor Swift won Video of the Year for "Bad Blood" at the MTV Video Music Awards. ›