1. The latest promotion for The Hunger Games: Mockingjay – Part 1 features a new issue of the “in world” publication Capitol Couture, and two “living” portraits of Quarter Quell contestants Peeta (Josh Hutcherson) and Johanna (Jena Malone).
3. They are, in a word, creepy.
5. The “portraits” are meant to project the Capitol’s strength, but all does not seem to be well. Peeta, for one, looks unsure and nervous.
6. And while Johanna’s face is a picture of fierce resolve…
8. The first official trailer for Mockingjay – Part 1 will premiere at San Diego Comic-Con on Friday, July 25, as a special cross-promotion with Samsung, which feels quite Captiol-esque in and of itself, no?
The trailer will then debut to the public soon after.
9. The Hunger Games: Mockingjay – Part 1 opens Nov. 21.
- The top U.S. commander in Afghanistan called the hospital bombing that killed 22 people "a mistake." ›
- Historic flooding has killed 16 people in South Carolina, where rain finally stopped falling on Tuesday. ›
- New York's attorney general is looking into whether employees at fantasy sports sites might have won bets based on information not available to the public, the New York Times reports. ›