1. The Atlantic’s James Hamblin, the most delightful MD ever, is here to help address a serious problem in America: sad desk lunch.
2. 65% of Americans eat lunch at their desks or don’t take a break at all. But this social isolation takes years off people’s lives. It’s time to change the culture.
3. “There are many places you can eat besides your desk. Like in a common area, or a kitchen…Think of the possibilities out of doors!” Just eat anywhere but your desk, he urges.
4. It’s not like you’re working while you’re eating anyway.
5. Take lunch as an opportunity to exercise your social brain! And encourage others to as well.
- Protesters marched in Chicago for the second night in a row after the release of a video showing the police shooting of black teen Laquan McDonald. ›
- Frank Gifford's family says the NFL star had CTE, the degenerative brain disease linked to football. He died in August. ›
- And President Obama actually made his daughters laugh at the annual White House turkey pardon. ›