1. The Atlantic’s James Hamblin, the most delightful MD ever, is here to help address a serious problem in America: sad desk lunch.
2. 65% of Americans eat lunch at their desks or don’t take a break at all. But this social isolation takes years off people’s lives. It’s time to change the culture.
3. “There are many places you can eat besides your desk. Like in a common area, or a kitchen…Think of the possibilities out of doors!” Just eat anywhere but your desk, he urges.
5. Take lunch as an opportunity to exercise your social brain! And encourage others to as well.
Here Are The Top Stories
- Tunisia's president declared a state of emergency a week after a deadly terror attack on a beach hotel.
- Some 150 migrants stranded in the French city of Calais stormed the Channel Tunnel in an attempt to make it to British territory.
- One person was killed and two others were seriously injured Friday when an air medical transport helicopter crashed in Colorado.