1. The Atlantic’s James Hamblin, the most delightful MD ever, is here to help address a serious problem in America: sad desk lunch.
2. 65% of Americans eat lunch at their desks or don’t take a break at all. But this social isolation takes years off people’s lives. It’s time to change the culture.
3. “There are many places you can eat besides your desk. Like in a common area, or a kitchen…Think of the possibilities out of doors!” Just eat anywhere but your desk, he urges.
5. Take lunch as an opportunity to exercise your social brain! And encourage others to as well.
In The News Today
- 26 people, thought to be refugees and migrants, were discovered in the back of a truck in Austria. ›
- Thai police arrested a man alleged to have explosives in his possession, almost two weeks after a deadly bomb blast in Bangkok killed 20 people. ›
- Kyle Jean-Baptiste, the first black man to play Jean Valjean on Broadway in "Les Misérables," died Friday. He was 21. ›