1. The Atlantic’s James Hamblin, the most delightful MD ever, is here to help address a serious problem in America: sad desk lunch.
2. 65% of Americans eat lunch at their desks or don’t take a break at all. But this social isolation takes years off people’s lives. It’s time to change the culture.
3. “There are many places you can eat besides your desk. Like in a common area, or a kitchen…Think of the possibilities out of doors!” Just eat anywhere but your desk, he urges.
5. Take lunch as an opportunity to exercise your social brain! And encourage others to as well.
In The News Today
- At least 30 people were killed in twin bomb blasts during a peace rally near the main train station in Turkey's capital. ›
- President Obama visited Oregon to meet with victims' families after last week's deadly campus shooting. Gun-rights activists protested his visit. ›
- The U.S. ended its $500 million program that trains and equips Syrian rebels in their fight against ISIS. ›