1. On June 28th, the incredibly talented people of The Lion King surprised passengers on a New York City A train with “The Circle Of Life.” They did something similar in April on a flight, and it’s still as magical as ever.
2. Although we all seem to know the beginning of the song as “ahhh sevenya!” or even “ahhh zabeyna!” it’s actually “Nants ingonyama!” Whatever she’s singing, though, it definitely woke up the passengers on the train.
3. The performers played it real cool by blending into the crowd and pretending to be just your average commuter, but the passengers soon realized who was who.
In The News Today
- Senate Democrats have secured enough votes to uphold the Iran nuclear deal when Congress votes on it later this month. ›
- The Baltimore Circuit Court will host the first hearing in the homicide case of Freddie Gray on Wednesday. ›
- Hundreds of Eurostar passengers moving between Britain and France were stranded for hours as people were seen on the tracks attempting to get through the tunnel. ›