1. On June 28th, the incredibly talented people of The Lion King surprised passengers on a New York City A train with “The Circle Of Life.” They did something similar in April on a flight, and it’s still as magical as ever.
2. Although we all seem to know the beginning of the song as “ahhh sevenya!” or even “ahhh zabeyna!” it’s actually “Nants ingonyama!” Whatever she’s singing, though, it definitely woke up the passengers on the train.
3. The performers played it real cool by blending into the crowd and pretending to be just your average commuter, but the passengers soon realized who was who.
In The News Today
- Takaaki Kajita and Arthur McDonald have won the Nobel Prize in physics for their discovery that neutrinos have mass. ›
- Russia is reportedly preparing to send ground troops to aid Syria's campaign against rebel forces. ›
- Grace Lee Boggs, Detroit activist and civil rights pioneer, has died at the age of 100, according to the Boggs Center. ›