1. You might not expect to see Seth Rogen speaking on the allocation of funds for Alzheimer’s research, but his mother-in-law has the disease, so the cause is deeply personal to him.
2. Obviously he opened with a few jokes:
3. “Thank you very much for having me…and for the opportunity for me to be called an expert in something, because that’s cool.”
4. “I don’t know if you know who I am at all. You told me you never saw Knocked Up, Chairman, so… that’s a little insulting.”
5. “First I should answer the question I assume many of you are asking: Yes, I’m aware this has nothing to do with the legalization of marijuana.”
6. Rogen went on to give a compelling, personal anecdote of his experience with Alzheimer’s, including his desire to educate young people about the disease. “People need more help,” he said.
In The News Today
- Sierra Leone is investigating a new Ebola death after a woman who was believed to be the country's last known case was discharged from the hospital last week. ›
- Lawyers for the NFL and New England Patriots quarterback Tom Brady failed to reach a settlement in the deflategate case. A decision is expected by Friday. ›
- Thai police have issued two new arrest warrants as the search widens for the suspects behind Bangkok's deadly shrine bombing. ›