1. You might not expect to see Seth Rogen speaking on the allocation of funds for Alzheimer’s research, but his mother-in-law has the disease, so the cause is deeply personal to him.
2. Obviously he opened with a few jokes:
3. “Thank you very much for having me…and for the opportunity for me to be called an expert in something, because that’s cool.”
4. “I don’t know if you know who I am at all. You told me you never saw Knocked Up, Chairman, so… that’s a little insulting.”
5. “First I should answer the question I assume many of you are asking: Yes, I’m aware this has nothing to do with the legalization of marijuana.”
6. Rogen went on to give a compelling, personal anecdote of his experience with Alzheimer’s, including his desire to educate young people about the disease. “People need more help,” he said.
- Super Bowl 50 catch-up: The Denver Broncos upset the Carolina Panthers. And Beyoncé slayed her half-time show 🏈 👑
- U.S. Republican presidential candidates debated in New Hampshire ahead of Tuesday's primary, and Sen. Marco Rubio malfunctioned 🇺🇸
- BuzzFeed News has identified a second member of the ISIS execution cell led by "Jihadi John."