I don't know about you, but I miss ~real~ literature. And by ~real~ literature, I mean the Tumblr-Harry-Potter-John-Green-YA-dystopia era.
We had everything. Peace, prosperity, happiness, Peeta Mellark... It was a time to be alive.
So just for old times' sake, here are some throwbacks that we can all definitely relate to:
1. Basically growing up in the young adult section of Barnes and Noble.
2. Casually scrolling through your photos only to see nothing but these:
3. Thinking that the Lotus Hotel and Casino scene in Percy Jackson was the peak of cinema.
4. Experiencing the unparalleled joy of unwrapping a boxed set.
5. Spending hours taking quizzes to see which house, faction, district, and cabin you belong in.
6. Painstakingly saving money to blow it all on “Okay? Okay” merch from The Fault in Our Stars.
7. Going through a Katniss Everdeen-inspired outdoorsy phase.
8. Eating up the clichéd "teenage girl saves the world while two guys orbit around her" plotline...
9. ...while being completely engrossed by the ~extremely well-written~ dialogue.
11. Trying to piece together what happens to Jem based on Cassandra Clare’s cryptic snippets.
13. Feeling emotionally gutted after accidentally seeing "Status: Deceased" under your favorite character on Fandom Wiki.
14. Getting into heated arguments with internet strangers over Team Edward versus Team Jacob.
15. And finally, attempting to write at least one dystopian novel of your own.
Editor's note: BuzzFeed does not support discriminatory or hateful speech in any form. We stand by the LGBTQ community and all fans who found a home in the Harry Potter series and will work to provide a safe space for fans. If you, like us, feel impassioned about trans rights, learn more or donate here.