1. He worked at the legendary Tootsie’s Orchid Lounge!
Missouri born, Chris Janson came to Nashville at 18 and practically begged the doorman at the legendary venue for the chance to sing one song with the house band. Not long after he’d finished singing, the bar’s owners offered him a job!
3. He wrote a song dedicated to his wife.
Chris wrote the song “Holding Her” (a live show favorite), which tells the personal story of how he met his beautiful wife, Kelly, and the birth of their little girl, Georgia. Fun fact: Their wedding ceremony was held outside during the hours of sunset. How romantic!
5. He wrote a top charting hit for Tim McGraw.
Talk about talent! Chris wrote the hit “Truck Yeah,” which was one of the fastest rising singles of Tim McGraw’s career. The wild part about it, Chris didn’t think this smash hit was even worth publishing! What a humble and talented gentleman! Two great qualities that make us love him even more…if that is even possible!
6. He’s a 2013 ACM ZinePak alum!
Last year at the 2013 ACM awards, Zinepak founders Kim Kaupe and Brittany Hodak had the pleasure of meeting Chris, one of their favorite country artists! (He was such a sweetheart!)
This post was created by a user and has not been vetted or endorsed by BuzzFeed's editorial staff. It is also not paid advertising. BuzzFeed Community is a place where anyone can post awesome lists and creations. Learn more or post your buzz!
- US intelligence officials issued repeated warnings to European allies about attacks by Russian state-backed hackers, but it was too little, too late.
- Rudy Giuliani is no longer being considered for a position in the Trump administration. Trump says the former NYC mayor withdrew his name.
- Fire investigators have ruled out a refrigerator as the cause of a warehouse fire that killed 36 people in Oakland, California.
- People are in love with a dog who rides around in a decked out dog car spreading Christmas cheer to hospital patients 🐶🎄