2. Some of the crew members played extras in the film.
One cameraman played Mouth’s father.
Another played the dead man in the freezer.
And an assistant director plays one of the cops on the AV scooters on the beach at the end.
6. Jennie Lew Tugend, assistant to director Richard Donner, has a small role as Data’s mom in the finale.
11. John Matuszak’s make-up took 5 hours to complete.
One of the eyes (which was out of place on the face) was mechanically operated off-screen by remote control. Someone would count down, and Matuszak would blink his other eye in synchronization. The cast was told not to get him wet in scenes outside of the pirate ship. Unfortunately, he got wet, delaying filming for an entire day.
13. The name “Rube G” can be seen painted on the contraption that opens the yard gate for Chunk near the beginning of the movie.
This is in reference to Rube Goldberg, the Pulitzer Prize winning cartoonist who drew whimsical machines that achieved simple results in difficult ways.
14. The basis for the theater story was a real-life prank pulled by Executive Producer Steven Spielberg while growing up in Phoenix, AZ.
16. June 7th was officially declared “Goonies Day” by the Mayor of Astoria (where the movie was filmed) during the 25th Anniversary Celebration in 2010.
Find more movie facts at IMDB.
- Democrats will try to block Trump's Supreme Court pick, Neil Gorsuch, setting the stage for Republicans to eliminate the judicial filibuster.
- Republicans worked overnight trying to finalize a deal that would allow their Obamacare replacement plan to pass in the House.
- An American-Israeli teen has been arrested in Israel for bomb threats to Jewish community centers in the US, says the FBI.
- The suspect in the London terror attack near Parliament, who was killed by police, has been identified as 52-year-old Khalid Masood.