1. Romney And Perry Had The Best Fundraising Operations
The above chart, showing the average daily donation for each day the candidate was in the race from April 1 to Dec. 31 shows Romney and Perry had the strongest fundraising operation. Rick Santorum’s average daily haul: just $5,564.39; Romney’s: $194,412.31.
2. Romney Raised Almost As Much As The Rest Of The Field Put Together
3. Rick Santorum Couldn’t Ever Raise Any Money
Even as he surged in Iowa, Santorum didn’t see much of a fundraising bump. His 2011 moneybombs got him nowhere.
4. Bachmann’s Campaign Wasn’t Built to Win
She had no real fundraising operation. After an initial spike at the end of June (mostly the result of a single money-bomb), Bachmann’s fundraising was basically nonexistent — and unprepared to capitalize on her success in the Ames Straw Poll.
5. Rick Perry’s Gaffes Killed His Fundraising
After an initial spike getting into the race, and another at the end of the third quarter, Perry’s debate gaffes proved insurmountable — even for his donors.
6. Gingrich Replaced Cain
- South Korean lawmakers have voted to impeach President Park Geun-hye over a corruption scandal. She'll be suspended from office.
- Uber finally laid out hard rules for riders: No guns, sex, or barfing, please 🚗❌