31 Random Facts About Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome
31 random facts about Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome (prounounced AY-lerz DAN-lowz), also known as EDS. It is a group of genetic disorders that are actually NOT rare - only rare to be properly diagnosed by a doctor who is knowledgeable about EDS. Every person has a different set of common symptoms, no 2 are exactly alike, because it is caused by faulty collagen - the glue that holds our bodies together. Spreading awareness is the key to helping more people get properly diagnosed.
1. Inherited genetic disorders
2. There's no such thing as "double-jointed".
3. Connecting the dots...
4. Born this way.
5. Pain from 0 to 10 in .5 seconds.
6. Handle With Care
7. Inflammation sucks.
8. EDS and Insomnia
10. Velvety soft skin.
11. Neck pain.
12. EDS and Pregnancy
13. Vascular Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome (VEDS) kills.
15. Center for Clinical Care & Research (FINALLY!)
16. EDS & Anesthetics
18. Forgot what I was saying...
19. Chronic Fatigue
20. Fingers that sometimes won't fing.
21. Why the Zebra?
22. TMJ can be worse than TMI.
23. Invisible Illness (for some)
24. Digestive problems... gut instinct.
26. Testing, testing, 1 2 3...
27. EDS and Chiari Malformation
28. Slipping ribs hurt.
29. Compensating & problem solving:
30. You can help!
31. What doesn't kill us makes us stronger.
Infographics by Natalia Carrasco.
The Spoon Theory by Christine Miserandino can be found at http://www.butyoudontlooksick.com/wpress/category/the-spoon-theory/
More information about Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome can be found from the Ehlers-Danlos National Foundation at http://www.ednf.org
Facebook has numerous support groups and Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome Awareness pages, including http://www.facebook.com/Ehlers.Danlos.Zebras