The first time I tried chia seeds, I declared for all who could listen, “Add these to everything you love!” If you like bubble tea, tapioca pudding or even rice pudding, chia seeds are a way to get that same texture but fill your meal or snack with a jolt of antioxidants, omega 3s, fiber and general happiness.
4. Kale Salad
Mix two of the latest health food crazes for a health and delicious meal. Just sprinkle some chia seeds of a kale salad of your choice. I like to top my kale with dried cranberries, toasted almond slivers, shredded carrots and some raspberry vinaigrette.
6. BONUS: Are you a texture person?
If weird, slimy things in your food freak you out, use chia seeds in your baking. They are great poppy seed and egg replacements. You can even bake them in cinnamon rolls!
But if texture doesn’t bother you, follow my advice and literally put chia seeds on/in everything you love!
This post was created by a user and has not been vetted or endorsed by BuzzFeed's editorial staff. BuzzFeed Community is a place where anyone can post awesome lists and creations. Learn more or post your buzz!
- Politics in France were redrawn Sunday as pro-EU Macron and far-right Le Pen advanced to a runoff in the country's presidential election 🇫🇷
- Trump still hasn't taken a foreign trip. Obama traveled to nine countries and Bush had visited two at this same point in their presidencies.
- North Korea has arrested a third American citizen amid a dramatic escalation in tensions with the United States.
- Drag queens, puppies, and Lisa Rinna — BuzzFeed News got a behind the scenes look of "Watch What Happens Live with Andy Cohen."