3. Here’s a timeline of the events, proving that Gaiman’s fans are literally the best:
5. 2009: “So we had this book. This beautiful book. This beautiful, *rare* book.” –Patrick Rothfuss
Patrick, being awesome as usual, put the book in the lottery so that anyone who donated to Heifer International through the Worldbuilders team page would have a chance to win this jackpot.
But then, in an act of altruism that ignited a chain reaction, the winner gave the book back–they only asked that the book be auctioned off the next year so it could raise more money for Heifer.
9. 2013: “But when I see the way that mankind loves… You could search to the furthest reaches of the universe and never find anything more beautiful.” – Yvaine, “Stardust”
No matter how this thing ends, it’s been a beautiful and wild ride. A numbered (28 out of 250), limited edition ARC of “Stardust” in its own slipcase, signed by Neil Gaiman, is up again in the Worldbuilders lottery. If you donate, you have a chance of winning it–not to mention hundreds of other awesome books and prizes. Hurry–Worldbuilders ends February 2nd!
This post was created by a user and has not been vetted or endorsed by BuzzFeed's editorial staff. It is also not paid advertising. BuzzFeed Community is a place where anyone can post awesome lists and creations. Learn more or post your buzz!
- Republicans presented Democrats with a spending plan that doesn't include funding for the border wall, stalling one of Trump's most controversial campaign promises.
- Fox News anchor Kelly Wright and 12 other current and former employees are suing the network for racial discrimination and harassment.
- Get ready for nonstop live video on Twitter. The platform is aiming to stream sports, news, and entertainment 24/7 📺📲
- And you can now see your Uber rating right in the app 🚙 👀