2. Sunny sits on Holden’s lap and changes the subject…
“You look like that guy in the movies. You know. Whosis. You know who I mean.”
“I don’t know,” I said. She wouldn’t get off my goddamn lap.
“Sure you know. He was in that pitcher with Mel-vine Douglas. The one that was Mel-vine Douglas’s kid brother? That falls off this boat? You know who I mean.”
– The Catcher In The Rye, J.D Salinger / Little Brown
3. According to author Peter Beidler, that movie is “Captains Courageous” (1937) starring Spencer Tracy.
Beidler first made the connection in his book A Reader’s Companion to J.D. Salinger’s “The Catcher in the Rye”.
It’s partly true, too, but it isn’t all true. People always think something’s all true.
- A second wave of bomb threats sent to Jewish community centers brought the number of locations threatened on Monday to 29.
- Trump accused Barack Obama of organizing recent protests against him and leaking information from the White House to the press.
- Accounting firm PricewaterhouseCoopers fessed up to the Oscars oops that caused "La La Land" to be named best picture instead of "Moonlight."
- Elon Musk announced that his SpaceX company will send two tourists around the moon by 2018 🚀🌝