1. It was next-to-impossible to find skinny jeans that fit just right, because either your butt, thighs, or hips were calling the shots when it came to your apparel.
2. Your mom would forbid you from straightening your hair, so you couldn't ever do that side-bang swish thing like the white kids with straight hair.
You appreciate your natural hair more now, but damn, it would have been nice to have hair that didn't swallow your favorite Hello Kitty hair bows.
3. Your mom constantly prayed for you, because she thought you listened to the devil's music.
4. Your parents always gave you a curfew, so you couldn't stay out as long as you wanted when you went to concerts with your white friends.
5. When you wore your favorite band tee to a family function, everyone would give you constant side-eye.
6. You had musical tastes in twice as many genres, so you always had two moods for every situation...
When you were feeling freaky, you either played on Panic! At the Disco's "Lying Is The Most Fun A Girl Can Have Without Taking Her Clothes Off" ~or~ Khia's "My Neck My Back."