1. This is your only memory of ‘Hole In T’Road’
The centrepiece of the “Hole In t’road” was a huge fishtank. During a big shop to town, this was ultimate mum vs. bored kid blackmail ammo. In reality, it was mostly just brown water, behind proper thick glass, with the odd glistening fish eye.
Shove that up your underwater ocean tunnel, Mr Sealife Centre.
2. Sorry, yeah, ‘Hole In T’Road’
Hole In t’road, which of course in Sheffield means ‘The Hole In the Road’, yet scholars maintain that the translation was lost hundreds of years ago. Basically an underground shopping centre with a skylight. Despite being the number 1 hangout spot for 24-hour drunks, in 1994 this iconic landmark joined the 27 club to make way for this.
Is it a train, is it a tram? No it’s the SuperTram! Only Sheffield would be brazen enough to claim such a strong testament of superiority about its alternative public transport system.
4. Halfway is actually a place
6. Everyone welled up with pride at this
…look at us winning stuff and that.
7. …and this
these lot of done a whole heap of well done.
12. Wherever you are in the world, you brim with pure joy when you see this
The ‘Made In Sheffield’ stamp on yer cutlery. A shining beacon of Sheffield’s internationally recognised steel-making past. Still, it’s probably not a wise choice shouting ‘it’s proper quality this’ and waving a knife around when you’re trying to eat Sunday dinner with the in-laws.
13. The only reason why you watched Game of Thrones was for this man
He makes everything dead good. Apart from When Saturday Comes.
14. This is a no-go zone on a Saturday afternoon
Fancy losing your child or sanity? Enter this horrible soul sucking place at your own peril. For instant suicide try visiting on Christmas Eve or Boxing Day.
16. You’d sell your left tit to be flown to Tenerife by this man
Yep, Sheffield-raised Mr Bruce Dickinson from Iron Maiden, you can fly me to wherever you f***king like.
17. You’ve done this in a queue
You sexy thing
18. These are undoubtedly two of the best cover versions, ever
Yorkshire-raised Tony Christie takes on the Arctic Monkeys and totally owns it.
The Legend that is Shatner.
22. You’ve spent a large chunk of your childhood waiting for these guys
The centrepiece of Orchard Square is a chiming clock with moving figures depicting Sheffield’s cutlery trade every 15 minutes. The longest 15 minutes in every Sheffield Mum’s life.
- A state of emergency was declared in Baghdad as protesters breached the fortified "Green Zone," home to most ministries and embassies in the city.
- President Obama zinged the media and the field of presidential contenders before dropping the mic at his final White House Correspondents' Dinner 🎤
- And do you know what happened in the news this week? Take our quiz 💯