1. In America you have massive house parties...
...with kegs and red cups.
In the UK we drink cider/vodka straight from the bottle...
... usually in a field/park while it inevitably rains.
2. In America you have to wait until you're an actual grown-up to legally drink...
... whereas we've been legally beveraging for THREE YEARS already!
3. But you guys can drive before us...
... which makes us feel like this.
4. American teens say stuff like "Let's go to the beach this weekend!"
But in the UK the sea is cold ALL YEAR ROUND (and it'll probably rain anyway).
5. In America, "ROAD TRIP!" means an adventure for many miles...
... in the UK, it takes, at most, two hours before you've reached the edge of the country.
6. In the USA you go on dates...
...whereas in the UK it's a bit more awkward.
7. In America, there are things called "fraternities" and "sororities" (we have no idea what these are).
8. The USA has crazy, amazing snow in the winter...
...this is our snow (if we're lucky).
9. America goes to town with holidays — 4th of July, Thanksgiving, Halloween...
This is the best British parents can do at Halloween and we don't even have the other two.
10. American girls have "slumber parties." British girls have "sleepovers" (they are essentially the same thing.)
11. You ALL have pools in America... we don't :(
12. There are a range of summer camps in the U.S.
... we Brits have to make our own fun.
13. Getting into college is a huge deal in the States...
...in the UK we login to UCAS and quietly celebrate if we got the grades.
14. Family camping holidays in America probably involve an RV.
In the UK we have two-man tents and pray it won't rain.
15. Kids in America have MASSIVE bedrooms...we have to share.
16. American schools still serve AMAZING junk food...
...Jamie Oliver made damn sure he stopped all that for us. No more pizza at break time.
17. Going to an American festival? Better pack your Converse and vest tops!
Festival in Britain? Forget about flip flops, you'll need five pairs of wellies and a trusty cagoule.
18. In America you have whole STADIUMS for college sport...
...we stand in fields... probably in the rain.
19. You have Spring Break...
...we have the Easter holidays.
20. 20. You guys have PROM and it's a massive deal! Themes, limos, after-prom parties...
...OK, so we have prom too but only since the noughties!
I wish I'd grown up in America...
This post was created by a member of BuzzFeed Community, where anyone can post awesome lists and creations. Learn more or post your buzz!