2. Iggy Pop bleeds all over the place on the regular.
Iggy Pop was pretty much always slashing at his own chest with broken glass and knives throughout the late 1960s and well into the ’70s.
4. Jimi Hendrix burns his guitar.
At the Monterey Pop Festival in 1967, Jimi Hendrix squirted lighter fluid all over his guitar, then set it ablaze. He suffered burn wounds and had to be hospitalized after this fiery finale, but it remains one of the most iconic moments in live music history.
5. Alice Cooper releases a chicken to a bloodthirsty crowd.
In 1969, someone threw a live chicken onstage at an Alice Cooper show in Toronto. Believing it could fly, he flew it into the air, where it flapped weakly before landing in the crowd. It was promptly dismembered.
6. The Flaming Lips build their own hamster ball
Wayne Coyne crowd-surfed in the see-through ball at shows regularly through the late ’00s. He was even once joined by Stephen Colbert — no joke.
9. GG Allin goes to jail
GG Allin was regularly charged with crimes including assault, battery, and indecent exposure after his insane mid-1980s live performances, where he regularly caused great physical damage to venues, audience members, and himself. He famously liked to use the stage as a restroom, then smear himself with his own waste.
- "Moonlight" won Best Picture at the Oscars, but they accidentally gave it to "La La Land" first 😳
- Actor Bill Paxton has died at 61. He starred in classics including "Twister" and "Titanic."