Ice Cube Tray Pizza Bites
16 ounces pizza dough, divided
½ cup marinara sauce
1 tablespoon pesto
3 tablespoons shredded mozzarella cheese
3 teaspoons shredded cheddar cheese
¼ cup pepperoni, chopped
¼ cup onion, chopped
¼ cup bell pepper, chopped
¼ cup mushrooms, chopped
¼ cup tomato, chopped
¼ cup ham, chopped
¼ cup pineapple, chopped
Other assorted toppings, if desired
Ice cube tray, silicone or hard plastic
1. Preheat the oven to 350ºF/180ºC.
2. If using fresh dough, let sit out at room temperature for 30 minutes in a covered and lightly oiled bowl.
3. On a floured surface, take one half of the dough and roll it out into a rectangle, about ⅛ of an inch thick. Repeat with other half of dough and set aside.
4. Lightly oil your ice cube tray if it’s hard plastic.
5. Transfer the dough to cover the tray and press the dough down into every hole, holding for about 5 seconds to ensure the dough stretches properly. If it tears, you can use excess dough to patch up any holes.
6. Assemble each bite with approximately one teaspoon of sauce, such as marinara or pesto, one teaspoon of cheese, and desired toppings.
7. Cover the prepared bites with remaining dough and roll over the ice cube tray with rolling pin to seal.
8. Trim any excess dough and save for more pizza bites.
9. Freeze the ice cube tray for about an hour, until the dough has set.
10. Flip the tray onto a parchment paper-lined baking sheet to release the bites. If necessary, use a paring knife to gently loosen.
11. Cut and separate the bites.
12. Bake for 15-20 minutes, until the dough is golden brown.
13. Serve warm, and enjoy!