1. Meet SPYNDI - Handmade Multifunctional Chair Inspired by the Human Spine
Back the ‘Magic Stick’ Chair on Kickstarter to Get a Lifetime Warranty
People say there’s no point in reinventing the wheel. But what if you start thinking outside the box and find a way to make it better? After almost a decade of research & development, rebellious Baltics designer Mindaugas Zilionis is set to revolutionize the furniture industry by reinventing the assumingly tapped out ‘chair’ concept. Consisting of 60 loose wooden elements, SPYNDI chair is so multifunctional, that it can be transformed into any piece of furniture – an armchair, a chaise longue, a rocking chair, partition, stool, sports equipment - you name it! Step into the shoes of a designer and put your imagination to work!
As SPYNDI design is more complicated than it looks, to simplify and accelerate the manufacturing process the creators are asking to back their project on Kickstarter and bring this chair from exhibitions to reality. The creators are so confident in the quality achieved, that Kickstarter backers will get a lifetime warranty for SPYNDI and even a planted pine tree on their behalf (you are welcome, Earth), symbolizing the lifelong durability of the wood used.
This post was created by a user and has not been vetted or endorsed by BuzzFeed's editorial staff. BuzzFeed Community is a place where anyone can post awesome lists and creations. Learn more or post your buzz!
- Republicans are working overnight trying to finalize a deal that'd allow their Obamacare replacement plan to pass in the House.
- Rep. Adam Schiff said there's "more than circumstantial evidence" that Trump's campaign colluded with Russia during the election.
- Four people died in a suspected terror attack after a car drove into pedestrians near Parliament in London. The suspect was killed.
- A 4-month-old golden retriever named after Joe Biden got to meet and even lick the former vice president at the Capitol today 🐶❤️