Doc Hasting's version of the law would:
1. Put a halt on any rebuilding efforts for up to seven years. Once it finally starts, it could extend for decades with no deadline for completion. Remember Boston's Big Dig? It'd be way way worse.
2. Allow the councils that manage fisheries to outright ignore recommendations from their own science advisors.
3. Outsource the Endangered Species Act, letting companies have control over the recovery of endangered ocean wildlife, like sea turtles. No sir, no conflict of interest there.
4. Exempt fisheries management from meaningful environmental review. Because fish don't come from the environment, of course. They come from magical fish factories.
5. Undercut the National Marine Sanctuaries Act, and prohibit data (that taxpayers paid for!) from being used for ocean planning efforts. That's basically like trying to buy a car by yelling "car!" at Google.
(Source 1, Source 2)