50 years ago when we hosted a rock concert at the Embassy, the band was a little-known four-piece from Liverpool called the Beatles. It didn’t go all that well. The band was mobbed by autograph hunters. Somebody ran off with a lock of Ringo Starr’s hair.
More recently we had another go. It was worth the wait! Fantastic new British band Bastille stopped by during their US tour to play an acoustic set of cuts from their album Bad Blood. So acoustic, in fact, that they had but one instrument between the four of them—unless you count stomping, finger-clicking and of course their gorgeous harmonies. But they still sounded amazing! Our very own Deputy Ambassador Patrick Davies (no stranger to music himself), introduced the band.
2. See for yourself
3. The Beatles at the British Embassy, 50 years ago
This post was created by a user and has not been vetted or endorsed by BuzzFeed's editorial staff. It is also not paid advertising. BuzzFeed Community is a place where anyone can post awesome lists and creations. Learn more or post your buzz!
- Four people were arrested after Trump supporters and protesters clashed during a "Make America Great Again" rally in California.
- The deadly Westminster attack that left four people dead Wednesday began and was over with in 82 seconds, police said Saturday.
- People in Belarus took to the streets and opposed a "social parasites" tax on people who have been unemployed for six months.
- Heads up, Harry Potter fans. You can now get Butterbeer ice cream at your grocery store 🍦✨