6. Skip the knife block.
Chances are you don’t have that much counter or drawer space. Put your backspash to work with a magnetic knife strip, like this one for $19.99 at The Container Store. Or, for those of you with some fancy woodworking skills, check out this DIY version at Man Made DIY.
16. Use an over-the-sink cutting board to temporarily expand your counter space.
Using your sink as a temporary chopping surface frees the rest of your counters for other cooking steps. Crate and Barrel has one for $29.95. This bamboo one “catches veggies as you slice,” $33.31 on Amazon.
27. If you’re handy, make your own corner drawers.
Gah. This tops, like, everything. Woodworkers, get the deets on Instructables. Everyone else… just be jealous.
- US Republicans are working overnight trying to finalize a deal that'd allow their Obamacare replacement plan to pass in the House.
- ISIS has claimed responsibility for the London attack through its news agency, calling the assailant its "soldier."
- A Russian former MP and Putin critic was shot and killed outside an upscale hotel in Ukraine Thursday.
- A 4-month-old golden retriever named after Joe Biden got to meet and even lick the former vice president at the Capitol today 🐶❤️