3. When you haven’t really wiped down that high chair for a few days…
..the spray-and-soak method works wonders. It’s the same basic principle as cleaning that dish that’s been sitting in the sink for too long. Use a toothbrush to scrub out the nooks and crannies, then wipe down with something antibacterial. From here.
5. BANISH those poop stains in three steps:
1. Hold the offending item in the toilet and flush (while holding onto it!) until the biggest particulates are gone. See the cloth diaper technique above.
2. Treat with hydrogen peroxide and rinse well, although be aware that hydrogen peroxide can discolor dark fabrics.
3. Lay out in the sunshine.
13. If finger paint somehow makes its way into his hair…
Hey, maybe he had an itch. The best thing you can do here: get it out, ASAP. There are lots of strategies to help get it out once it’s dried, but they don’t always work.
Next time, give him a beret, or a shower cap…if you can get him to wear it.
14. When the hand-knit blanket smells a little too much like the crib, you can wash it.
Sure your kiddo messes up everything he or she touches, but that doesn’t mean that you shouldn’t cover them up with that hand-knit blankie her aunt spent HOURS making for her.
The specific washing instructions vary with the type of yarn used, but make sure you don’t stick it in the dryer — you should “reshape and lay flat to dry”, maybe on top of a beach towel. More detailed instructions here.
(Are you the yarn-loving aunt? Get the pattern here).
- Trump's pick for education secretary, Betsy DeVos, could face a contentious confirmation hearing — at least by standards of the position.
- Prime Minister Theresa May's Brexit: no single market, parliamentary vote on the final deal, and a warning to the EU not to punish the UK.
- At least 40 Democratic lawmakers are boycotting Donald Trump's inauguration after the president-elect criticized civil rights leader John Lewis.
- Most hate crimes go unreported. Help BuzzFeed News and other news outlets document hate crimes and harassment in the US.