1. Child of God changed this adorable burro's life.
2. When this coyote read The Crossing, she thought, "Someone really understands me."
3. All the Pretty Horses helped this Mojave rattlesnake through a painful breakup.
4. This curmudgeonly grasshopper mouse re-reads Suttree every couple of years.
5. This lonely cottontail rabbit philosophizes to any who will listen about Blood Meridian.
6. This desert wolf was skeptical about a movie adaptation, but he thought the Coen Brothers did a great job with his favorite book, No Country For Old Men.
7. This horned viper thought Blood Meridian laid bare the violence inherent in nature.
8. These pronghorn antelope belong to a Cormac McCarthy book club. Currently reading: his debut, The Orchard Keeper.
9. This mountain lion wrote its PhD dissertation on The Crossing.
10. And as for these round-tailed ground squirrels, their parents have been reading Cities of the Plain to them every night this week.
This post was created by a member of BuzzFeed Community, where anyone can post awesome lists and creations. Learn more or post your buzz!