Amy Winehouse died in her home in Camden, London on July 23rd, 2011, at the age of 27. Despite years of being haunted by substance abuse and tabloid-fueled scandal, Winehouse was a tremendous talent, both as a performer and as a songwriter. This is a reminder that between the darkness and the shadows there shone one of the 21st century’s most beautiful, remarkable, passionate, and singularly talented musicians.
2. “Stronger Than Me” (live)
3. “Me & Mr. Jones” (live at Isle of Wight 2007)
4. “You Know I’m No Good” (acoustic)
5. “I Heard It Through the Grapevine” (live on Jools Holland w/ Paul Weller)
6. “Back to Black” (live 2007)
7. “Valerie” (live at Glastonbury 2007)
9. “Tears Dry On Their Own” (live @ AOL Winter Warmer)
10. “Love Is A Losing Game” (acoustic)
11. “Rehab” (live at the Grammys 2008).
Quite possibly her most powerful performance of this song.
Amy Jade Winehouse, 1983-2011. We only said goodbye with words.
- These parents came up with maybe the best dirty Halloween couple's costume ever. Parents ftw 😂👏