Reddit user u/NotAMazda recently sparked up the question, "What is the most unexplainable thing that ever happened to you?" and the responses are chilling.
1. "When I was little I used to go outside in the mornings and pet a cat that lived under my home. I used to play with her every day. One night I had a dream that she died so I woke up distraught, went out to our usual place, and I called out for her. She never came out and I never saw her again."
2. “I was walking to my friend's house one summer, maybe 10 or 11 years old. Anyways, sunny day, couple clouds but otherwise it's bright out, perfect visibility, when a perfectly rectangular shadow comes up from behind me on the ground, maybe 15' x 30' in size, travelling just faster than a car probably would be and goes over top of me.”
“I'm looking at the shape on the ground as it goes over, and when I do look up to the sky I don't see anything that could have possibly cast it. Even the clouds were just trailing little wisps. I looked back down and it was going over some houses, and then it was gone forever.”
3. “At a lunch table in high school I exasperatedly put my head down and had a thought in the form of a question. My best friend a few seats down responded to my question and everyone looked at her. I asked if I said it out loud and everyone agreed I had said nothing. It was weird.”
“We've been friends since 7th grade, I was MOH at her wedding, and was in the room with her and her husband when she gave birth to her daughter. We still make jokes about that time she read my mind in high school lol.”
4. “My boyfriend and I were downstairs in the kitchen making dinner. Only two in the house. I went upstairs to get something and a shoe came flying at me from the top of the stairs. Went right over my shoulder. I had no pets. Had my bf check it out and nothing was unusual or different. Had to dodge that shoe, it was totally launched at me.”
5. “About a week before my apartment burned down, I dreamed every night about various houses burning down.”
6. “Fell asleep watching the original Pet Sematary, dreamt my cat was hit by a car. Woke up to my dad telling me she had just been hit, and we needed to 'take care of her' because she was suffering.”
7. “In 5th grade I remember we were working on a project where we had to write a letter to our favorite author. So, that night I was planning what I wanted to include in my letter before going to bed. When I woke up and went to school though, the letters were completed and it was like a whole day had passed without me noticing.”
I was so disappointed and when I asked my friend what I wrote about they told me something similar to what I had been thinking about the day before. Idk what happened, but I still think about that missing day.“
8. “[My cousin and I were] sitting on the couch playing Xbox. The stairs leading to the second floor are almost out of my vision. At the very top of the stairs on the left is a doorway leading to a bathroom and nothing else. We were up pretty late gaming when out of the corner of my eye I saw a grey face lean out and stare at me for a split second.”
9. “I was outside talking to my neighbor. Suddenly, it was like someone accidentally flicked the lights off and then back on. It was dark in the middle of the day as far as I could see for just a split second. I thought it was just my brain but then I saw my neighbor looked confused as well. Then her daughter asked, 'What just happened?'"
10. “15 years old, I was taking a shower at home. The rest of my family was out and it was around 9:30 at night. I heard someone knock on the bathroom door while I'm showering, so I call out 'I'll be out in a sec!' Thinking it's just my dad or one of my brothers getting home. There was silence for a few moments, and then knocking again — only this time it was pounding, like someone was banging on it with their fists, trying to break it down bare handed."
“It was a little creepy, but my dad always loved to prank us so I didn't think too much of it. I decided to get a towel around me and see what the hell his problem was anyway, but when I opened the door, no one was there.
The house was locked up, no open windows. No cars in the driveway. I checked every floor, every room. No one else was home.”
11. “When I was 12, I was constantly dreaming about a a winning number on a school raffle. So, I bought that number and well, I won. My mom jokes about why I couldn't dream about more money, but at the time, she was so scared because I kept telling her to buy that every day. I was so sure it was going to happen, it wasn't a feeling, it was some sort of energy.”
12. “Walked from my bedroom down the hallway to the kitchen. Stepped through the doorway just as a ball of lightning arced across the room. I blinked and was back in my bedroom without passing the space in between. Crept back up the hall and saw my housemate standing in the kitchen, mouth opening and closing because he had no idea what had happened either.”
13. “Was home alone with my sister who was about 3 at the time. She’s sleeping in my room and I walk out to go to the bathroom. No one else is in the house, but as I’m in there handling business, I start hearing the chairs moving in the kitchen. I come out of the restroom and look to my left where I find the dining table chair moved and placed perfectly staring down the hallway.”
“Go back to check on my sister and she’s still sleeping. Walk around the house to see if my parents were home and nothing. Doors and windows were shut, no way wind could’ve pushed this chair 5 feet and turned it to face down the hall.
During this time I was constantly being woken up at 3 a.m. almost every night and felt a cold hand placed on my left pec over my heart.”
14. "I was at home with my mom, nobody else. There were only two entrances, one at the front, where I was sitting nearby. And one at the back of the house, and it directly went to the kitchen where my mom was. And then I heard clearly my dad's voice calling (sounded like from the living room). He was working at the time, but I came to the living room anyway and found my mom there. She asked me, 'Did you hear that too?' Nobody was there.
“When he came home, we asked him, but of course he said that it was not him. At first, I thought he lied, since my dad really loved to prank us. But then there was no way he sneaked silently without me and my mom not knowing it.”
15. “When I was around 15, my parents left me home alone for the weekend (Friday night to late Sunday afternoon), and I was thinking, this is awesome. I can chill, play games all weekend and eat what I want. Went to sleep Friday night, and then woke up to my mum waking me up to what I thought was the next morning. So I asked, 'What happened? I thought you were going out the whole weekend?' To which she replied, 'What are you talking about? It's 4 p.m. Sunday.'
“I have no idea what happened to those two days. I didn't leave the house. There was no food or washing up that had changed since they left. I hadn't looked at my phone, there were unread messages from Saturday morning. But I refuse to believe I was asleep the whole time.”
16. “I woke up Easter morning to see my dad walk into my room, and into my closet with his work clothes on. I kept asking him what he was doing but he wouldn't respond to me. He went in and shut the door. I ran in my mom's bedroom to see if she knew what was happening but she wasn't there. So I go down the steps and they are both sitting at the table in the kitchen. My dad has his plain white shirt on and a pair of shorts like normal.”
Note: Submissions have been edited for length and clarity.