We asked hairstylists from the BuzzFeed Community what products they recommend we should be using to keep our locks looking perfect.
Stylists unanimously agreed that you should buy salon-brand hair products when possible. However, if you can't easily access a salon in your area, they also suggested several drugstore and big-box store brands that will still help you maintain healthy hair.
1. A Wet Brush to make detangling wet hair less of a struggle.
2. Verb Sea Spray that will help your curls stay frizz free.
3. AG Hair Reconstruct to bring damaged hair back to life.
4. Kerastase Initialiste serum that you can use to strengthen and thicken your hair.
5. Paul Mitchell Hot Off the Press, a quick-drying thermal protectant that will keep your locks from getting fried.
6. Moroccan Oil Dry Shampoo, which comes in options for both light and dark hair.
7. Design Essentials Edge Control to make sure your hair stays clear of any annoying flyaways.
8. Paul Mitchell Twirl Around, which will help your curls stay hydrated — not crunchy and dry.
9. Matrix Keratindose to give an extra dose of moisture to severely damaged hair.
10. Deva Curl No Poo, which leaves your hair soft and clean without stripping away natural oils.
11. A Sam Villa Sleekr flat iron, which has rounded plates to keep your hair from getting snagged.
12. Redken Pillow Proof to protect your hair from the extreme heat of blow drying.
13. Olivia Garden ceramic brushes, which include a sectioning pick to assist you with thermal styling.
14. Aveda Brilliant Damage Control Spray to keep your hair clear of heat damage while styling or detangling.
15. Unite Blonda Shampoo, which increases the vibrancy of blonde hair and the richness of darker hair.
16. Redone Frizz Dismiss shampoo and conditioner that will be your first line of defense against humidity.
17. Pureology Colour Fanatic 21 Spray, which plays multiple roles in protecting and hydrating your hair — including working as a color and heat protector and detangler.
18. Alterna Overnight Hair Rescue restores protein to your locks while you sleep.
19. Living Proof Night Cap Protector increases shine and manageability overnight.
20. A Babyliss Rapido blow dryer that delivers unbeatable power.
21. A Beach Waver Pro curling iron that will let you curl your locks in record time.
22. Invisibobble hair ties that will leave no marks on your hair when you remove them.
23. Unite Texturiza Spray gives your locks a wavy look with ease.
24. A pack of Color Trak Croc Clips that are perfect for separating hair into sections for styling tasks.
25. A Bio Ionic 10x Pro Styling Iron with vibrating plates that help smooth out and straighten your hair quickly.
27. Sedu Revolution Straightener and Wigo Straigtening Brush that will straighten your hair without having to use maximum heat.
28. Verb Hydrating Shampoo and Conditioner, which are affordable and free of damaging chemicals that can harm your hair.
29. A YS Park Cutting Comb that can be used for styling or even flat ironing.
30. The Big Sexy Hair line of styling products, which offers a range of solutions for your biggest hair needs.
Want to be featured in similar BuzzFeed posts? Follow the BuzzFeed Community on Facebook and Twitter!
The reviews for this post have been edited for length and clarity.